SaddleBrooke Troop Support is a 501(c)(3) charity helping Tucson military personnel and their families including hospitalized and blind veterans at the Southern Arizona VA Healthcare System. Particular emphasis is directed to supporting Troops and families during and immediately after deployments.
Five Core Programs
MLO—Military Liaison Office
- USO-style facility at TIA for traveling troops and their families. Open 24/7/365, it has food, snacks, sodas and rest facilities as well as computers, books, television and an area for young children. More than 5,000 troops served annually. Visit the MLO on the ground level near baggage claim.
Food Security Program
- Military Food Banks—volunteers collect and deliver food to three separate food banks located on military installations in the Tucson area. The majority of this food is donated by SB residents, local retail grocers and neighbors as well as items purchased directly by STS.
- Food Cards—what began as a way to help during the holidays, food card assistance has become a year-round necessity for families in need.
- Donations to homeless veterans and SW Blind Rehabilitation Unit.
- Hospital volunteers, including “Hero’s Welcome” program.
- Baskets of essentials for newborns made by SaddleBrooke residents for expectant military moms.
- Working directly with military leaders, family services, and other groups, STS provides direct assistance to individuals in dire need.